My coaching services will help you find your right work and make lasting connections that support your career success. I offer individual coaching sessions, writing and editing support, interview guidance, workshops and career search wisdom (blog). Whatever you choose, you can count on constructive, practical, insightful, energizing support.
Customized programs consisting of an initial “discovery” session, bi-monthly sessions, resources, communications support, homework assignments and more. You can count on structure, focus, momentum and accountability.
Key areas for support:
- Determining your career focus
- Steps to a successful career transition
- Knowing your “offer”: your strengths, skills, interests and experience (and your weaknesses!)
- Writing and editing help on resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, marketing pieces
- Communication/outreach skills: interviewing, networking, pitching, marketing
- Career search action plan: clear goals, action steps, deadlines and accountability
- Life/work balance
- Promoting yourself with clients, managers and beyond
Write to Work
This program includes instruction, accountability and editing support to help you get writing done. We focus on writing that will get you work. For job searchers, that means cover letters, resumes, LinkedIn profiles and writing samples. For coaches and consultants, that looks like blog posts, articles, marketing pitches, brochures and web content. We meet for three 90 minute zoom sessions every month. You can participate from the comfort of your home or office! Editing and feedback is provided off-line.
This drop-in program located in Oakland offers a constructive, interactive format where you can hone and practice your interview skills. We meet twice a month. You’ll learn everything from how to prepare for an interview and techniques to deliver winning responses to exercises to communicate with confidence, ease and positive energy. Every session has a specific theme so you can attend and learn something new every time! You can also count on one-to-one coaching, practice interviewing in pairs, and the chance to interview on the “hot seat” front of room, at every session.
Career development groups for women
I offer three-month groups for women. The group format provides support, instruction, accountability and community during a career development process. There are many opportunities to present and pitch yourself, develop strategies and learn how to deal with challenges. We meet bi-monthly.
I offer workshops and give presentations throughout the year. Topics include:
- Your Bowl is Full: Communicating from a Place of Abundance,
- the Elevator Pitch: Making your Offer,
- Interview Best Practices
- Improv meets Interview
- Communicating with Presence